Thursday 6 November 2014

Day 8 - People who Lie about Cancer

The last few days, I have been on the laptop, in the Living Room, so I have been watching some Daytime TV, this is something I don't normally do, but during the Jeremy Kyle Show, he was reeling off a list of things that annoyed him, and one of the things was telling lies about having Cancer.  I have been trying to get round why anyone would lie about having such an awful thing.  Just being told it, totally destroy's your world as it was, not to mention that of your Husband, children and some extended family and friends.  There is no reward for being diagnosed with it.  As far as I can see, and I may be wrong here, it is just another way of attention seeking.  Do the people that do this, never have Hospital appointments, don't they take people with them to these appointments for support??  Or do they refuse to let anyone go with them??  I'm more inclined to think it's their brain that needs help in the form of counselling.  

The reason I am writing this blog, is in the hope that it may perhaps help someone else, who is diagnosed with cancer.  To let them know they are not weird, they are not on their own - yes it does feel very lonely - very very lonely, but you will be  able to find people who will have the time, and care enough to listen, and they are not just saying yes and no in what they think is the right places, fake people who try to make out they care are easy to spot, they try to change the subject or try to say something you did caused it.  There are millions of reasons as to why it can trigger in anyone.  It's not a time for recriminations, it's a time to remember to stay strong and positive.

Well this afternoon I went to Radiology at Hospital, to have a CT Scan both with and without dye.  That stuff is weird, made me feel like I was having a hot flush, and then afterwards, I ended up with a headache!  It took quite a while, and I didn't get out till 5pm - don't you just love rush hour - NOT!!  

I get the impression that it's going to be cold again tomorrow, so glad I took my coat today, or I would have frozen my assets off, and believe me you don't want that at this time of year.  I really must look around for a new winter coat, but not sure what I want, oh well, I will have to let my fingers guide me in the right direction. Window shopping is always good, even better when the windows are on the computer, so you don't even have to park the car.

Well my body is complaining that I have not had a nap today, I feel exhausted, so I think I will go to bed, as shopping has to be done tomorrow.

Night all
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog are moderated.